Currently we support the following file types for postcards:
You can find pre-made templates that already adhere to all of these guidelines here:
PREPPING ALL IMAGES
The following guidelines apply to image types:
- Images should be 300 dpi or higher - PNG/JPEG files with less than 300 dpi will be rejected.
- Your artwork should include a 1/8" border around the final trim size. This means your final file size will be a total of 0.25" larger than your expected printed piece (ie, a 4"x6" postcard should be submitted as 4.25"x6.25"). There is no need to include crop marks in your submitted content.
- Include a safe zone – make sure no critical elements are within 1/8" from the edge of the final size.
- Do not include any additional postage marks or indicia.
- File sizes should be no larger than 5MB.
To ensure that you are producing PDF's correctly please follow the guidelines below:
- Make sure all non-standard fonts are embedded.
- Generated PDF's need to be be PDF/A compliant.
To ensure that you are producing PNG's/JPEG's correctly please follow the guidelines below:
- Minimum 300 dpi. The dpi is calculated as (width of image in pixels) / (width of product in inches) and (length of image in pixels) / (length of product in inches). For Example: 1275px x 1875px image used to create a 4.25" x 6.25" postcard has a dpi of 300.
- Submitted images must have the same length to width ratio as the chosen product. Images will not be cropped or stretched by the API.
Did you find this article useful?